These questions are the questions I get asked the most about my Boudoir and Pinup photo shoots.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - Prep Info
These questions are the questions I get asked the most about my Boudoir and Pinup shoots.
1. LOCATION-Where do you currently shoot at an where were all of your pictures taken? I shoot out of my studio in Huntington Beach,CA. Some of my Photographs were taken in my old studio, some were on location and some were shot in Las Vegas and San Diego and at clients homes. If you would like to shoot in your home there will be a travel fee depending on location.
2. COST-What does the cost of your packages cover? Set changes, hours of editing,ink, paper, books, cds/flashdrives, hair & makeup, shooting charge, modeling instruction,studio cost.
3. OUTFITS- Do you provide outfits? NO, I do not, on occasion I have a few back ups I use if the girls didn’t bring anything. I prefer my girls to all look different and feel like they stand out and to bring what makes them feel sexy and what their significant other would love to see them in.
4. PROPS- Do you have props for the pinup shoots? I do have some, but I keep it minimal, you are more then welcome to bring some if you like. I like to focus more on my girls! I do have a bed and a few chairs and sofas at the studio. I do have pearls and veils.
5. LOCATION-Where are you located and do you shoot on location? I am located in Huntington Beach at 18373 Enterprise Lane.
PREPARATION FOR YOUR PHOTO SHOOT
If you are getting a Hair & Makeup package.
HAIR - Please come with dry hair not wet hair. Please do not let it be more than 1 day dirty otherwise the oil build up might be too hard to style. If you want to bring clip in hair extensions, please make sure they are real hair and not synthetic. My hair girl will put them in for you. Please get your roots touched up if they are in bad condition because I do not edit your roots. Do not flat iron your hair if you are wanting it curled, it will not hold the curl well if you do. Just blow dry straight if you need to.
MAKEUP – Please come with a clean face, if you have a particular moisturizer you prefer, please feel free to apply it before coming. Yes I do provide lashes. You do not have to bring any makeup of your own, unless you prefer certain items to be worn. Do not stress over nail color, but please have them groomed.
OUTFITS- I do not provide outfits. You can bring up to 10 outfits/shoes/accessories with you but we will only shoot in the number of outfits that comes with your package, unless you pay for additional for extra outfits. If you add additional outfits outside of your package it is $25 for each outfit because you are basically paying for more shooting time. If this is a gift for your hunny, think of outfits that they would like to see on you, but make sure it is something that will make you feel confident. Always mix up your outfit types. Do not bring all bra and panty sets for instance. It looks better to have a variety of outfits. If you are bringing stockings, please try to buy the ones without silicone/rubber at the top, those ones typically squeeze your leg and it isn't very flattering. If you are not wearing a garter belt go ahead and buy the ones that stay up on their own if you want to wear thigh highs. Please make sure that all tags and stickers are off of your clothing and shoes, unless you are returning them and need to leave them on. Make sure to have at least 2 pairs of shoes, a good note is to always have a black pair.
PICTURES -Please print out, create a board on pinterest or save a few pictures on your cell phone that you like that will help me gauge what direction to take your photos. Any kind of inspiration photos you find whether it is for hair/mu or poses are always helpful and you can bring them. Please only save around 10.
Grooming - Please make sure to shave/wax any areas needed. If you need your hair color touched up, please do that, I do not edit hair color.
Clothing - Please do not wear anything that will leave lines on your skin before the photo shoot. You are welcome to wear a robe of mine if you like or to bring a comfortable loose fitting outfit.
7. TANNING-If you plan on getting a spray tan or fake baking please do not over do it. I suggest doing it at least 5 days before hand so you do not look orange in the photos. Also I cannot edit overly strong tan lines, medium to low tan lines are ok. If you plan on bringing your own bronzer please make sure it will not transfer onto my furniture.
8. DEPOSIT- Why do we have to pay for a deposit for our shoots and how much is it? I require a 50% NONREFUNDABLE deposit immediately when you book, because I am holding your date and time specifically for you and if you do not show up then it will cover the cost of losing a possible appointment. Also when you book my hair girls you are taking them out of their normal schedule at their salons as well. My deposit is 50% down and is payable through Venmo, Paypal or with credit card, it is required to be paid the same day you book or I will release your date back for someone else to book. You are allowed to reschedule only once for free after that it will be a $50 fee. If you reschedule within 24 hours of your appointment date you will be charged a $75 fee. Your deposit does go towards the shoot. You have 3 months to reschedule a new date or the deposit is lost. If you do not show up your deposit is lost. If you show up more then 45 minutes late your shoot will be cancelled and the deposit will be lost. If you are running late because of traffic please have the courtesy to call us, because we might have additional appointments after you. The balance is due the day of the shoot.
9. POSING INSTRUCTION - What if I have never modeled before? I instruct you the whole way through the shoot on how to pose. Most of my girls have never done this type of shoot before so we understand it can be nerve racking.
10. PHOTOGRAPHY TYPE-What is the difference between Glamour & Pin-up? Pin up photography is recreating photography from the 40’s and 50’s and glamour is more along the lines of boudoir and modern pinup such as maxim, playboy and beauty shots.
11. REFERENCES- Do you have references or feedback from previous clients? I have over 300 references that are online for you to review.
12. PAYMENT - I accept all major credit cards, as well as Paypal, cash and Venmo. I do not accept checks.
13. FRIENDS/FAMILY -Can I bring a friend, yes you can only bring 1 person to the photo shoot. Please let me know if you are bringing someone.
14. PERSONAL TOUCHES- A lot of the times girls will bring in a gift or something personal to their hunny to include in the photo. I think that is a great personal touch, but you do not want to over do it. If they have a favorite team, absolutely you should wear something with that on it. If you do bring a sports related item to go along with it.
15. LIQUID COURAGE- You are welcome to drink, I know some of the girls get nervous and need a little liquid courage. =0) Pussycat Pinups and/or Beth Cocuzzi is not responsible for you drinking and driving. We try to make sure you have no more then two drinks so that you still look perfect in your images.
16. MUSIC - We always have music playing for you, typically we are playing Pandora.
17. COME AND HAVE FUN, the shoot is not meant to be a stressful shoot. I want you to come and relax and just be yourself it will show in the pictures if you are having fun and being you! Remember men don't analyze the pictures like we would. They look at them and love them!
18. SESSION TIME -How long do the sessions last? The average shoot lasts about 2-3 hours and that includes hair and makeup prep, it all depends on which package is purchased. If it does not include hair/mu then usually it takes and hour.
19. EDITING- Do you retouch the photos? YES I do, there is a certain amount I will edit that is included in your package. If you want additional editing it will be an additional cost. I will make sure your skin looks flawless (meaning no scars, cellulite or stretch marks etc.), Lighting will be adjusted if needed and you can have b&w and color if you request it. For more explanation just ask and I will explain. If you do not pick photos to be edited within a 6 month period there will not be any editing to the photos. I am on time constraints with clients and cannot have people sitting on photos to be edited.
20. PRODUCT TURNOVER- How long does it take to get the finished product back? It usually takes up to 2 weeks from the day you choose your images, depending on season. unless you order a large amount of images to be edited it can take more time depending on my work load. The reason for 1.5-2 weeks, is I am editing the images by myself and it takes time when you are working on 20-30 girls a month with different amounts of images to be edited. You can pay an expedite fee of $100 to have them done within a week. If you are ordering a book, I need a minimum of 3-4 weeks for editing and production and shipping.